Two explosive laden vehicles detonated in a complex attack at a Mali Military Camp in Kati, Mali, prompting roadblocks and military deployments throughout the capital.
Le bilan provisoire est de 02 assaillants neutralisés. La situation est sous contrôle et le ratissage est en cours pour débusquer les auteurs et leurs complices.
Le Chef d’Etat-major Général des Armées rassure les populations de vaquer à leurs occupations habituelles. pic.twitter.com/EP8M47Umcs
— Forces Armées Maliennes (@FAMa_DIRPA) July 22, 2022
The U.S. Embassy in Bamako responded by ordering a shelter in place declaration moments ago for all diplomatic staff and U.S. citizens. Thus far the Mali government is only reporting two militant deaths in the attack. The embassy had this to say:
The U.S. Embassy in Mali received reports of roadblocks and possible violence in Bamako. U.S. government employees have been instructed to shelter in place until further notice. U.S. citizens should monitor local media for updates.
Actions to take:
- Continue to exercise vigilance while in Mali
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners
- Review your personal security plans
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a means of communication (cell phone, etc.) charged, and with you at all times
- Monitor local media for updates”