Indonesia’s Parliament has passed new sweeping measures to its criminal code, which will outlaw:
- Premarital sex (1 year sentence)
- Premarital cohabitation (6 month sentence)
- Blasphemy (5 year sentence)
- Insulting the President, government officials, or government institutions (3 year sentence)
- Being a Marxist-Leninist (10 year sentence)
- Spreading communism (4 year sentence)
The code will need to be signed off by Indonesia’s President and will take up to another three years to be fully implemented.